Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Lil Man is 9 months old!!!


Well everyone.....I am officially depressed. My lil man is 9 months old. I honestly hate even saying that. I don't want him any older!! He is GREAT the way he is. I don't know what Im going to do when he turns 18 and moves out...LOL! I know, I know....I say that now, but then I will be ready for him to move out. LOL, isn't that the way it goes?




Well this month he hasn't really done a whole lot. He has been pulling up more. He does like to be on his feet more then on his knees. That hard floor just kills his knees. Hes a BIG boy! His front two teeth still aren't in. You can kinda feel them breaking thru the skin, but they aren't OFFICIALLY in. Hes finally getting broke from biting, slapping and pinching. I was really worried we had a "hellian" on our hands there for a while. Im telling you....the biting and pinching back is starting to take a toll on him. He knows know!! His biggest milestone this month is.......He's drinking out of a straw! Yes, O Yes...My lil man is drinking from a straw. He loves it and I do too. It really has gotten so bad that we have to order him drinks at restaurants. That's ok though. Im glad he can do it. Its way better then spilling the drink all down the front of him!!



Well next Monday my lil man goes for his 9 month check up. I really am nervous. My husband and I have diabetes on both sides of our family. At this check up they are going to do blood work to look at normal things like his iron levels and junk on top of checking his sugar levels. They want to make sure that he isn't diabetic. I really hope that those levels are good. I will hate so much for my son to never be able to experience a normal lifestyle. Im sure it will be ok. Im going to be positive......things can always be worse!!




Tomorrow is finally Friday!! I am soooooo excited. It really hasn't been a long week, but Im ready for Saturday. Saturday is Doug's work banquet. I just want to dress up and spend some time with some adults for once in a REALLY, REALLY long time. Im not really excited about all of the people that will be there cause I don't really know them. But the few that I do know....Im ready!!




Well all, have a wonderful weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. He's so cute. Keep us updated on the diabetes thing. I bet everything will be fine.

    ReplyDelete