Friday, April 17, 2009

Teething Turmoil

Well Gavyn is teething. At first it wasn't a bad thing. He was really good and his front, two bottom teeth came in just fine. He was a little fussy, but we could handle it. NOW, he is just the crankiest boy on the block. He does really good during the day, but at night....Oh, I just don't think anyone understands. I know others have been there, but this is just awful. Gavyn wakes up almost every hour. He screams out in pain. We massage his gums and get him back to sleep, just to do it all over again. We rotate orajel and teething tablets. And then give him Tylenol every 4 hours. He is so tired throughout the later evening, and he just fights it. He tries so hard not to go to sleep. Although I hate to say it, but sometimes its just easier if he just sleeps in our bed with us. Hes more relaxed that way. We didn't want to start it, but how else are we going to get any sleep? We both have to work. I have to say...Doug has been great through all of this. We have been splitting the times that we have to get up with Gavyn. Used to Doug would just sleep on through it and I would get up with Gavyn. Now he actually understands how much sleep I was NOT getting. Well I hope these teeth hurry up. They are killing us ALL!!!

3 comments:

  1. Well you know me - Grayson ends up in our bed every single night. It's way easier. I was trying not to do it, but it's done. Good luck with Gavyn - hopefully he'll get through this quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, it'll end . . . eventually.

    ReplyDelete